- What is Carvoy?
- What is the process of leasing/buying with Carvoy?
- What is the benefit of using Carvoy instead of a local dealership?
- Who provides the financing for the lease?
- Is the car coming from a dealership or Carvoy?
- Does Carvoy handle Trade In’s / Lease Returns?
- Can does carvoy offer New Cars or Used Cars?
- How does Carvoy get paid?
- How much money do you typically save customers?
- What is an automotive marketplace?
- Are the vehicle I see available?
- How does Carvoy calculate the prices for each car?
- Do the prices I see include all taxes and fees?
- Can Carvoy access cars that are not available on our marketplace?
- Can I custom order a car using Carvoy?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- How long does the entire process take?
- Do you price match?
- How can I test drive the vehicle?
- Where are the vehicles serviced if Leased/purchased with Carvoy?
- How do you get better prices than if I tried on my own?
- Is there a return policy?
- If I am currently in a lease can I get out early?
- Why do I see the same car at different prices?
- Can we view contracts prior to delivery?
- Is my credit score going to be affected by using Carvoy?
- Can I get a car through Carvoy if I have bad credit?
- Do the cars through Carvoy include insurance?
- Why do I only see a few brands?
- Can I negotiate a lower price?
- When do I pay for my lease and who do I pay?
- Can I register a car in a different state than I'm living?
- Can I add a co-signer?
- Do the offers expire?
- Where do I pick up my new car?
- What is a money factor?
- Can I customize the out of pocket?
- What does the out of pocket include?
- What are inception fees?
- Why are you guys so expensive?
- How long until I get approved?
Frequently asked questions
1. What is Carvoy?
Carvoy is an innovative and fast growing tech start-up bringing disruptive solutions to the automotive industry. We utilize our massive dealer network to ensure consumers a completely transparent and convenit online buy/lease process.
All you have to do is sit back and enjoy while we do all the heavy lifting. We do all the necessary dealings with the dealership to make sure the process is as simple as possible. You can complete the transaction 100% online or you can have a guided experience by utilizing one of our trusted advisors, it's totally your preference
2. What is the process of leasing with Carvoy?
The process of leasing/buying a vehicle can be confusing. What we do is make sure the process is as clear and simple as possible. Instead of going to a dealership and dealing with their sales tactics, we guide you through the best practices when making a purchase or signing a lease
The process is as follows: building your car, selecting your offer, and delivery. We’ve designed this process to be one of the most stress-free car buying/leasing experience. We give everything so you are fully in control, simply find the vehicle that interests you, customize your own payment, get approved online and we will prep the car and deliver the vehicle to your home free of charge in our service area. Feel free to check out our how it works page for more details. The entire transaction can happen as fast as 24 hours.
3. What is the benefit of using Carvoy instead of a local dealership?
Carvoy is different from a dealership because of our low pressure, non-committal, process. We operate with maximum customer satisfaction in mind, we even provide a our trusted advisors to clearly define every step of the process.
All our prices include taxes, registration, and any hidden fees snuck in by the dealership. Our process grants you total flexibility to adjust your own deal. We know that car buying is stressful so we provide the maximum amount of transparency. Every penny is broken down so you can see exactly how your payment is calculated, there will be no surprises when working with us.
4. Who provides the financing for the lease?
Carvoy is not a leasing or financing company, we are partnered with all OEM lenders and dealerships. When signing a lease, or financing agreement, it will be with the corresponding captive or banking institution. For example, if you were leasing a BMW, BMW financial will be providing the financing for this lease.
5. Is the car coming from a dealership or Carvoy?
Carvoy does not own any vehicles and all the vehicles on our marketplace are coming directly from our certified dealer network. Our live inventory is updated every two minutes so once a car it is removed from our marketplace.
Our service is meant to guide the relationship between the dealership and the buyer/leaser. When a deal is made, we handle the delivery directly to you.
6. Does Carvoy handle Trade In’s / Lease Returns?
Yes. If you are leasing a car and want out early we can enroll the remaining months you have into a new lease. You can also take advantage of pull ahead programs to get out of your lease early with no penalty
If you have a trade-in, Carvoy has a fleet of wholesalers who are willing to give you top dollar for your trade, we can either process it as a totally separate transaction or enroll in any equity in the new transaction.
7. Can does carvoy offer New Cars or Used Cars?
For now, we are only offering new cars.
8. How does Carvoy get paid?
We are partnered with dealerships and get a flat fee from them for every car that leases from the dealership, regardless of how much consumers pay for their lease. The benefit of leasing with Carvoy, among other things, is that our specialist's pre-negotiated prices for you to ensure you get the best deal possible. We get the same profit whether you lease a Porsche or a Nissan. It is in our best interest to get you the lowest possible price in order to earn your business.
9. How much money do you typically save customers?
Every car is different, which causes differences in savings for every deal. On average we save an average of $3,243 before applying any additional rebates. Carvoy helps consumers reach a deal in the 95th percentile.
10. What is an automotive marketplace?
An automotive marketplace is a real time online resource to buy/sell/trade vehicles. Our focus is on leasing and buying from dealerships. The beauty of the automotive marketplace is its unique approach to buying vehicles. You now have a clear and transparent service that makes sure you deal is as best as possible.
11. Are the vehicle I see available?
Yes! Cars are updated multiple times a day, we have dealerships feeding us live inventory, so if you see something you like act fast!
12. How does Carvoy calculate the prices for each car?
We get all the incentives, rebates and residuals from the bank/lender. First, we figure out where you are located, this is done via zip code or geolocation, this helps us pull accurate incentives and able to determine your tax rate and any registration fees. We make a fresh calculation for every car you see and we constantly adjust the calculations for every adjustment you want in your payment (term, due on signing, rebates...etc).
13. Do the prices I see include all taxes and fees?
Yes! All prices include taxes and fees, the best part is that you can adjust the total out of pocket and we can either enroll some of the fees in the payment or add an extra down payment to make the payment lower, you are in control!
14. Can Carvoy access cars that are not available on our marketplace?
If you do not see a car that you like please email your trusted advisor or email@example.com. We are currently doing vehicle locates on a case by case basis. By utilizing our dealer network odds are, we will find it.
15. Can I custom order a car using Carvoy?
Yes you can! Please contact your trusted advisor and let us know exactly what vehicle you would like a custom built and we will add it to your dashboard so you can complete the process.
16. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all types of payments to make it easier for you, you can pay via Cash, check credit card or debit card. We only take a 3.5% processing fee if you choose to use a credit card.
17. How long does the entire process take?
The process varies for each transaction, once we have the go-ahead an average takes 24-48 hours to complete.
18. Do you price match?
If you receive a better price than us it's no problem at all, please send over the written proof of the offer you received and we will be happy to match or beat the deal that you received. This is also known as a lease or finance order.
19. How can I test drive the vehicle?
Please let us know what vehicle you would like to test drive and we can arrange that for you. Since we do not physically have the cars at our headquarters we would require the involvement of our certified dealer network to set up a test drive.
20. Where are the vehicles serviced if Leased/purchased with Carvoy?
You can service your vehicle at any franchised dealerships nationwide. Since the vehicle’s we offer are new they are part of the manufacturer warranty which includes nationwide service at the franchise lever.
21. How do you get better prices than if I tried on my own?
We have wholesale agreements with our dealerships, which means you are locked into a price as if you were purchasing a volume or (fleet) amount of vehicles from the dealership. By utilizing our marketplace it requires our dealerships to remain competitive to gain as much exposure as they want.
22. Is there a return policy?
Absolutely. If there are any discrepancies with the vehicle or the paperwork you’ve received contact us immediately and we’ll return the vehicle with no obligation to you!
23. If I am currently in a lease can I get out early?
Yes! You have two options:
- Enroll the remaining monthly payments into your new lease.
- Use a pull ahead program to get out early without any penalty
24. Why do I see the same car at different prices?
This might be because it's coming from two different dealerships, each dealership gives different pricing for the cars, so if you see a similar car at a cheaper price, take it! That dealership is willing to let it go for a higher discount.
25. Can we view contracts prior to delivery?
At Carvoy, we give you a deal confirmation prior to delivery, you can review this again just to confirm everything is correct. If something is alarming please contact your trusted advisor and we will either clarify or correct the matter right away. Full contracts will be present for signing at the time for delivery, it is recommended that you pull up your confirmation to match apples to apples, there is no obligation until you sign.
26. Is my credit score going to be affected by using Carvoy?
Carvoy does not affect your credit score until you authorize for a full credit report to be run, this is also known as a “hard pull.” This only happens after you have built your payment and you are ready to reserve the vehicle for delivery. Carvoy does not run a hard pull, a hard pull will only be made by the fulfilling bank.
27. Can I get a car through Carvoy if I have bad credit?
It depends on the vehicle you would like to lease/purchase and your credit situation. Here is a good blog on how it's possible.
28. Do the cars through Carvoy include insurance?
No new car will come with insurance, after confirmation you would need to get covered by your insurance company and send proof of coverage prior to vehicle delivery. If you need help in this matter please contact your trusted advisor.
29. Why do I only see a few brands?
Being a live marketplace means we will only show vehicles that are available in your area. If you only see one or two brands, then those are the only available brands in your area.
30. Can I negotiate a lower price?
All the vehicles are already pre-negotiated by the participating dealers and made sure to be in the 95th percentile of deals. No need to haggle!
31. When do I pay for my lease and who do I pay?
After paying the due on signing, you will receive a bill from your bank who you will be paying every month. Remember the lease is with the bank, not carvoy or the dealership.
32. Can I register a car in a different state than I'm living?
Most likely not. You have to abide by the registration rules in the state you would like to register in. Most states will require points of id and proof of residency.
33. Can I add a co-signer?
Of course! Each car can have a co-signer added, simply have them fill out the same credit application you filled out and we will attach them on our end.
34. Do the offers expire?
Yes. Prices change every day so if you see something you like, it’s yours!
35. Where do I pick up my new car?
You can pick up your car at the fulfilling dealership or utilize our delivery services. If it's within 30 miles of our fulfilling service area delivery is free!
36. What is a money factor?
A money factor is the interest of the lease, also known as “rent charge.” Check out the math of the lease agreement here.
37. Can I customize the out of pocket?
Yes, every car on Carvoy has a fully customizable out of pocket or “due on signing” simply change the slider for however much you would like to pay.
38. What does the out of pocket include?
The out of pocket or “due on signing” includes all taxes and fees. This includes:
- First Month
- Bank fee (Acquisition fee)
- Doc fee
A great post can be viewed here at about all the taxes and fees.
39. What are inception fees?
Inception fees are everything the out of pocket includes without additional down payment. To recap it is:
- First Month
- Bank fee (Acquisition fee)
- Doc fee
40. Why are you guys so expensive?
Although, in some cases, our prices may seem more expensive than the ads you see online, but keep in mind that we are transactional company. This means we have enough data to include taxes and registration fees without additional down payments.
When you look at advertisements from dealerships or franchises the fine print is hidden, which indicates they don't include taxes (because they don't know your location they can't figure taxes and registration). Typically there are additional down payments required on top of taxes and fees. Take a look at an example ad:
41. How long until I get approved?
Approval varies on the vehicle and credit profile we are working with, there are many variables involved so it may be instant but could take 24-48 hours.